Following the successful initial webinar on 14th November on the subject of engaging users (staff and students) in environmental initiatives – particularly those involving the use of dashboards or other electronic means to display energy usage.
You can find the recording of the webinar and the associated Jisc guide here:
The next webinar is on data-centre energy efficiency – and features input from three sources.
- Steve Bowes-Phipps Data Centres Manager at the University of Hertfordshire will speak about the data-centre improvement work at the university and the path to making the university data-centre the first to be compliant with the EU Code of Conduct;
- Damian Dalton from University College Dublin will talk about the collaborative MSc module that a group of European partners are developing to help address the skills gap in data-centre management;
- The team from the University of Aberdeen, hot from the glory of winning both a Green Gowns award, and the BCS IT Industry awards. Brian Henderson (Head of Service Management) and Peter Esson (Data Centre & Operations Manager) who oversaw the highly successful shared service data-centre at Aberdeen that not only got people together, but delivered a data-centre that went from a PUE of around 2.4 to a PUE of 1.07.
The webinar is at 12:00 on the 27th November. You can sign up for the event here:
The associated guide will be published next week on the Jisc website.
Further webinars and associated guides will follow through to the end of this year and into next.
- 11 Dec 2013 – Reduce Travel through Video-Conferencing and Hybrid Events – http://bit.ly/1hUCzUf
- 29 Jan 2014 – Efficient Buildings – http://bit.ly/185JV3m
- 12 Feb 2014 – Reducing Energy costs – http://bit.ly/17Iakya